ISS is the only company in the United States offering these exclusive features, making ALERT AM a particularly useful communication tool for reaching motorists during emergencies.
- Only ALERT AM can change to new message patterns, when the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA) Weather Radio System or Emergency Alert System (EAS) sends warnings.
- Only ALERT AM features a NOAA EAS/weather receiver that is field-programmable and upgradeable to remain current with changes in NOAA EAS/weather hazards.
- Only ALERT AM captures the most recent warning activation for replay by system operators.
- Only ALERT AM allows special broadcast messages to be aired automatically in conjunction with outdoor warning system activations or Emergency Operations Center control panel switches.
- Only 10 prerecorded touchtone bursts and burst sequences that can be programmed into broadcast messages as required to gain attention for emergency messages.
- Only the ALERT AM system synchronizes “repeater” stations (to create larger coverage areas) without relying on vulnerable dialed-up telephone links to distribute audio in times of emergency.
- Optional ALERT AM wireless audio links make synchronized audio connections for high reliability with no monthly operating charges; i.e., do not rely on tele/cellphone lines during emergencies, preventing synchronized AM stations from becoming disconnected, broadcasting the wrong messages. Additionally, Wireless Audio Links operate on the same battery backup system as ALERT AM, so when power goes down, they stay up.
- Only ALERT AM offers flexible installation styles to allow antennas to be located on building roofs.
- Only the ALERT AM’s antenna is black in color to discourage ice build-up and is finished with a special UV-resistant architectural-anodization process to prevent color fading.
- If installed in adjacent building yards, ALERT AM requires only that a support pole be set. Not required are large, buried, copper-wire groundplane installation or chemical-emitting ground-pipe (hollow rods) burial.
- Only ALERT AM works in conjunction with solar-powered flashing advisory signs via communities’ UHF/VHF Radio Systems to turn on/off beacons remotely. These signs are the key to notification of the community that an emergency message is being broadcast.
- Only ALERT AM offers a battery backup system capable of keeping the station on the air for a full 4 days. The pack recharges full in only 7 hours.
- Only ISS systems employ nonproprietary designs. This means that, in the future, you may change components as needed without the requirement to return to ISS; i.e., simple wiring diagrams are provided, so you can service equipment yourself, if you choose, or have a third party assist – all with full ISS support.
- Only ISS transmitter frequencies are synthesized, not crystal controlled, allowing simple frequency changes in the future, if necessary.
- Additionally, only Information Station Specialists offers technical assistance for the life of the product. ISS supports today radio stations that first went on the air in the 1980s when the company first started. ISS’ staff of engineers has more than 60 years of combined experience specifically in the kind of radio technology under which ALERT AM operates (FCC Rules, Part 90.242).