One of the many nice benefits of satellite radio is the fact that the programs should not be interrupted by commercials. It is because the provider's income comes from listeners and never from advertisers, there is some exception tho, for instance in 2018, a Latch Clamp company made and broadcasted its own program sponsoring its own products with great success.
Satellite radio providers produce around 70 programs of business price music channels every and you’ve got an ideal number of selections, from mainstream rock, hip-hop and dance music to folk music, opera, blues and plenty of more.
Great Signal Quality
Another great thing about satellite radio is the absence of static noise. You could be driving from the West Coast to the East Coast in the United States of America and you will not get any static in any respect on the way. The satellite radio signal is digital, which implies that you will get crystal-clear sound wherever you go.
Meta Data can be easily transmitted along with the program
Satellite radio tuners obtain, along with the precise radio programs, an inflow of metadata that consists of knowledge relating to track title, artist, a radio program and radio channel. Which means that your satellite radio receiver will show all the necessary details about what you are listening to. For example, for those who hear an awesome song and also you need to know which artist sings it, you just take a look at the receiver's display.
No space for censure
All satellite radio packages are uncensored. This is among the explanation why artists like Howard Stern selected to move their reveals on satellite radio. It’s also possible to take heed to your favorite hip-hop songs without the interruption of these annoying beep sounds.
Satellite radio programs also provide information about native visitors and weather conditions. The data may be very detailed particularly for individuals who live in huge cities. If there’s a major national calamity and other terrestrial radio stations won’t work, you may at all times depend on getting the correct info from a satellite radio program.
You too can take heed to satellite radio online on your computer.
In case you still aren’t satisfied on why you must pay cash for one thing you can get at no cost, think about how a lot of time you could have wasted listening to commercials and all types of different boring stuff on terrestrial radio programs. Traditional radio will not be free, despite the favored belief. It is time-consuming and irritating as a result of you have to listen to 5 minutes or extra of commercials to be able to lastly hear a song you like.
The satellite radio subscriptions are very affordable and, for around thirteen dollars per thirty days, you get precisely the packages you want, which you’ll be able to hearken to wherever you might be, at the very best sound quality.
Satellite radio is nice for you particularly for those who journey a lot. If you’re touring across the United States of America, for instance, you can take heed to the channel or channels you need throughout your complete trip, without shedding sign or getting static.
If you have a conventional radio, you’ll have to keep altering channels every hundred miles, but if you’re using satellite radio you shouldn’t have to do that because the geographical availability of packages is just not a problem. Satellite radio subscribers will soon get the possibility to observe video applications as well. Each Sirius and XM companies have introduced their intention of introducing within the near future a wide range of video satellite channels that can have a few of the nice benefits which can be presently obtainable to satellite radio: business free programs, nice quality of sound and vast geographical availability.
ALERT AM - Emergency Advisory Radio System
This licensed radio system broadcasts emergency messages over a 25-75 square mile (3-5 mile radius) area. Weather and federal emergency messages are broadcast automatically as they are released. At other times, broadcast general community information, visitor messages, schedules of events. Bring in live audio from your cable TV station or originate from special events. Representatives are available to assist with physical and frequency planning.
Options include: 4-day battery backup, power loss notification module, real-time multi-station synchronization, flashing alert signage, extra recording minutes, wireless audio links, workstation audio control, several antenna mounting styles.
Flashing ALERT - Sign System
Use Flashing ALERT Signs in combination with an Emergency Advisory Radio System to alert citizens to an urgent radio message they need to hear. Bright LEDs embedded in the signs are solar powered and are typically triggered to flash through an existing two-way radio system.
Flashing ALERT Signs can also operate independently of an AM Emergency Advisory Radio System to prompt immediate action described by the sign text itself. Example: “Street Closed When Beacons Flash.”
Information Station - Single- and Multi-Message Editions
Broadcast informational messages over a 25-75 square mile (3-5 mile radius) area: airport patron info, flight schedules, security regulations, directions to airlines, terminals and services. This licensed Specific Area Radio System is the most installed, most versatile and best overall value for general purposes.
InfoMAX AM Transmitter System
The most flexible of all Specific Area Radio Broadcasting Systems requires no FCC license. Broadcast any content on any open AM channel up to ¼ mile. InfoMAX is a complete system with an dual message repeater and 5 minutes of recording time, expandable.
Whether to deliver messages at strategic points or direct motorists about rules and regulations, InfoMAX can effectively reach people in vehicles. They tune in as directed by signs.
Use InfoMAX options creatively, to customize to your specific application:
Remote audio control.
Information Station Single- and Multi-Message Editions
Broadcast informational messages over a 25-75 square mile (3-5 mile radius) area: airport patron info, flight schedules, security regulations, directions to airlines, terminals and services. This FCC-licensed Specific Area Radio System is the most installed, most versatile and best overall value for general purposes.
ISS is the only company in the United States offering these exclusive features, making ALERT AM a particularly useful communication tool for reaching motorists during emergencies.
- Only ALERT AM can change to new message patterns, when the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA) Weather Radio System or Emergency Alert System (EAS) sends warnings.
- Only ALERT AM features a NOAA EAS/weather receiver that is field-programmable and upgradeable to remain current with changes in NOAA EAS/weather hazards.
- Only ALERT AM captures the most recent warning activation for replay by system operators.
- Only ALERT AM allows special broadcast messages to be aired automatically in conjunction with outdoor warning system activations or Emergency Operations Center control panel switches.
- Only 10 prerecorded touchtone bursts and burst sequences that can be programmed into broadcast messages as required to gain attention for emergency messages.
- Only the ALERT AM system synchronizes “repeater” stations (to create larger coverage areas) without relying on vulnerable dialed-up telephone links to distribute audio in times of emergency.
- Optional ALERT AM wireless audio links make synchronized audio connections for high reliability with no monthly operating charges; i.e., do not rely on tele/cellphone lines during emergencies, preventing synchronized AM stations from becoming disconnected, broadcasting the wrong messages. Additionally, Wireless Audio Links operate on the same battery backup system as ALERT AM, so when power goes down, they stay up.
- Only ALERT AM offers flexible installation styles to allow antennas to be located on building roofs.
- Only the ALERT AM's antenna is black in color to discourage ice build-up and is finished with a special UV-resistant architectural-anodization process to prevent color fading.
- If installed in adjacent building yards, ALERT AM requires only that a support pole be set. Not required are large, buried, copper-wire groundplane installation or chemical-emitting ground-pipe (hollow rods) burial.
- Only ALERT AM works in conjunction with solar-powered flashing advisory signs via communities’ UHF/VHF Radio Systems to turn on/off beacons remotely. These signs are the key to notification of the community that an emergency message is being broadcast.
- Only ALERT AM offers a battery backup system capable of keeping the station on the air for a full 4 days. The pack recharges full in only 7 hours.
- Only ISS systems employ nonproprietary designs. This means that, in the future, you may change components as needed without the requirement to return to ISS; i.e., simple wiring diagrams are provided, so you can service equipment yourself, if you choose, or have a third party assist – all with full ISS support.
- Only ISS transmitter frequencies are synthesized, not crystal controlled, allowing simple frequency changes in the future, if necessary.
- Additionally, only Information Station Specialists offers technical assistance for the life of the product. ISS supports today radio stations that first went on the air in the 1980s when the company first started. ISS’ staff of engineers has more than 60 years of combined experience specifically in the kind of radio technology under which ALERT AM operates (FCC Rules, Part 90.242).
A History of Innovation
Portable highway advisory radio station (for the California Department of Transportation).
Traveler information station on in-band AM frequencies (690 AM for the National Park Service).
Personal computer control of highway advisory radio networks, including solar-powered, UHF wireless, flashing advisory signs
Full-service AM Advisory Radio Systems website.
Emergency Advisory Radio System with siren, NOAA Emergency Alert System/Weather Radio interfacing and station network synchronization with simulcast audio
Largest network of synchronized AM Emergency Advisory Stations (in Florida).
Portable Emergency Advisory Radio System with programmable NOAA EAS/Weather interfacing
Vertical Profile Antenna System with integrated antenna and ground, support pole and lightning arresting in one. Patented in 2006.